Thursday, May 7, 2015

How to stay hydrated in dusty dry Querétaro


I love Querétaro and I love the sun, but the semi-desertic climate really dries out my eyes as well as the rest of the body. Here are some tips on how you can stay hydrated all day long for your whole body.

Body:

Drink twice the amount of water that you drank in your hometown. If 1 liter a day felt like enough to keep me hydrated in Europe, I need at least 2 liters here in Querétaro.

Drink cucumber juice: provided I have cucumbers in my fridge, every morning I blend half a cucumber with half a glass of water and maybe some chia seeds. Cucumber consists of 96% water and contains lots vitamins and minerals.

If some days you feel like you are sweating a great deal walking outside or working out, you can buy alkaline water that has a PH of 9.5. It is going to give you that extra hydration that you need.

Eyes:

If you have dry eyes, use some hydrating eye drops. You can get eye drops for 30 pesos in the pharmacy. Be careful though, there are some patented ones that will cost you 10x more; I made the mistake and bought an expensive bottle, because my ophthalmologist recommended them to me, but the generic ones work just as well.

Face:


For my face, I use Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera is being used in plenty of cosmetics, because of its great hydrating and healing properties, but as this plant is endemic to Querétaro I don’t need to spend a lot of money on a hydrating cream (with chemicals that I might not want to put on my face). Just buy a pant, cut of a little piece and spread the juice all over your face. You can feel the cooling effect right away. In addition, if you have a sunburn it works miracles to take away

the inflammation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment